Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Blessings!

I had a great Mother's Day and felt so loved and cherished by my husband and kids!  This year was a low key year...no big gatherings to go to, no meals to cook, etc.  It turned out to be a rather rainy, dreary day and to be honest, I am glad it was kind of low key! 

On Saturday I got these gorgeous flowers from Chris!  I love their purple sunshine happiness they bring to our home!  It was a perfect splash of color for the dreary weekend!


Then on Sunday morning I got a handmade card--SUPER cute-- from Chris and the kids.  Chris traced each of their hands and he wrote special notes from them.  I also got surprised to see I get to make a kid free trip to IKEA!  Ikea is a couple hours from here, so it will be a fun, day trip!  I can't wait (I've already started browsing online...I need to make my list!!)  :-)

We had church in the morning and all the moms were honored and given a great, gospel-centered devotional book.  I already started working through mine in the mornings and LOVE getting that great focus to the start of the day!  Chris and I had the infant nursery during our BFG time and I especially loved loving on all the babies!  We'd planned to grill out after church, but the rain changed those plans so we went to Little Caesar's for pizza (hey, I didn't cook it and that is really all that mattered to me!).  All the kids took HUGE naps that afternoon and we just lazed around the house.  It was wonderful!

I am so blessed and thankful God has entrusted me with these.  What a high and noble calling to be a mother!  Hope you had a great Mother's Day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment