Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Life as Five

It has been three months as a family of five. We've gone through the ups and downs of postpartum life, sleepless nights, frustrations, diapers, formula, three year old issues, surgeries, appointments, photos, hugs, kisses..... It is hard to believe it has been three months yet at the same time it is hard to believe it has ONLY been three months.

A lot has changed in such a short time. Gracie can roll from front to back, suck her thumb, "talk," smile, play with toys, and sleep through the night. Joshua can talk, smile, play, and sleep through the night. Jacob is in a big boy bed and has memorized almost every song they play on K-Love. I am officially a stay at home mom and have discovered coupons, baking, crocheting, and that laundry is an endless task for a family of five.

I have gone from not being able to move off the couch without help to going to the grocery with all three kids alone weekly. We venture to the park, the grocery, the library, and have play dates. We have signed up for Bible study in the fall. Being home has allowed me to do more to serve Chris--getting his clothes ready each day, packing lunches, and occasionally getting up to cook a yummy breakfast. I work harder now than I ever did working 40+ hours a week. I am exhausted each day and sometimes wonder how it will all get done, but I love it. Do I get frustrated with my kids? You betcha. But I still wouldn't trade this job for any others. I am so thankful I have such a hard working husband who makes this all possible!

I can't wait to see how much life continues to change and grow for us as a family of five!

No comments:

Post a Comment