Friday, February 17, 2012

Getting Ready!

It is so hard to believe it is almost time....really time! We're busy at the Burris household this weekend, preparing for and celebrating Joshua and Grace's FIRST BIRTHDAY! How did it get here so fast?


Time to start baking some cakes! Yes, two cakes. We have TWO children who happen to share the same birthday, but they will each get a cake of their very own.

Auntie Fred was an integral part of cake decorating. She brought supplies and skills and taught Jacob and I how to do it!



I'm really decorating a cake! Go not-so-crafty me! (You can see the look of utter surprise on my face. I really can do this!)

I can't for the life of me get this picture to turn the right way. Anyhow, you can get the idea. Joshua's cake is a frog. Made from the same butterfly pan as Grace's cake and the head is made of a giant sugar cookie.


Grace's first birthday cake. A pretty purple butterfly.



We are all getting so excited to celebrate such a big milestone in our home. I'll post more once we celebrate! For now, enjoy the excitement and building anticipation along with us. We're having so much fun getting ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment