Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Grace Elizabeth

Dear Gracie Beth,
Happy first birthday, pretty girl! I keep remembering the day your were born. You were so teeny tiny, but you had these wide eyes that just took it all in. You had the sweetest, smallest, most precious little face I have ever seen. I had no idea that day just how much my life was about to change. Through you God has been teaching and stretching me in ways I never imagined possible. I had no idea how I would mother two infants the day you were born, but God has been good and He has so blessed us through each day with the strength, skill, and understanding of how to care for two infants at the same time! I've learned so much about finding my strength not on my own, but through Him. I have learned that God sends people into our lives to love us and bless us. We were blessed mightily by the gifts, talents, and time of others. It has taken an army to raise you so far! I am in awe that God would trust me with your sweet, precious heart and I am so blessed He chose to call ME your mommy!

Grace, your name means favor or blessing. My prayer for you is that you will find favor with God one day very soon and you will call on the Lord for your salvation from your sins. I also pray you will use your sweet, quiet, gentle spirit to be a rich blessing to all that come across your path. May you reach out to others with a quiet tenderness that radiates with God's loving compassion.

You are my little blessing...full of spunk and determination. You're my go with the flow gal and it seems to take a good bit to rumple your feathers. My little page turning, sprint reading, serious, businesslike little girl; I love all God made you to be. I love your seriousness, your laughter, your intense concentration and problem solving. I love your meekness and I pray God will grow your gifts and talents to one day perhaps nurture a family of your own.

I love you, my big one year old girl!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment