Thursday, September 24, 2009

One and a Half

How can I be the mom of a one and a half year old? When did he get so big? I am admittedly a bit nostalgic and sentimental today. Jacob is one of the greatest things to ever happen in my life. It doesn't get much better than this.....

Dear Sweet Jacob Boy,
Today you turn one and a half. You are turning into an independent little boy more and more each day. Sometimes my heart aches at the memories of holding your sweet little swaddle when you were born and sometimes I want to shed a tear when you snuggle up to read stories at night, curled up in my lap because I realize how quickly these times will pass and sadly, how easily the memories will fade. But then my heart bursts with joy to see the little boy you are becoming and the man you will one day be. I can't wait to see those days and cherish those moments with you.

May you continue to grow and learn. May you come to know and love Jesus at an early age and may you honor Him above all else in the days to come.

Sometimes I cry about the baby I can no longer hold, but I praise God for the little boy whose hand I hold and I will cherish the moments. You won't hold my hand forever, but I will always be your mommy.

We love you, sweet Jacob Boy. Our lives changed the day you were born and we thank God every day and marvel each night that we might love you more this day than we did the day before.

You are a sweet gift and blessing from God. We love you!

Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment