Today we were notified that we are officially LID in China! Our dossier has been received and officially logged in by the Chinese authorities. We are a "real" family on paper in China now! What does that really mean? It means now our family is "on the list" at our agency as a family that is completely paper ready to accept a referral for a child. We have dotted our i's and crossed our t's and we have everything set to swing into motion the instant we get "the" match.
Over the course of the last couple of days, it has become incredibly clear to me that I have much work to do spiritually to be ready to say "yes" to a child. I'm not going to get into the details, but there is extreme clarity that we are at what will likely be the most difficult juncture in this process. Getting from "adoption is our dream" to "this is going to be our child" is a leap across a wide cavern and we will fall into the pit of doubt, despair, and hopelessness without the mighty work of the Holy Spirit in our lives. It is going to be a very scary leap. We need to rest in the knowledge that we are not leaping without a net. We know He will work all things together for good in our lives and in the life of our future daughter. Specifically, pray for:
- overwhelming clarity for both Chris and I when the time comes to say YES
- the Holy Spirit to move in our hearts toward a child at the right time
- a medical need we can meet and feel comfortable with
- preparation of our hearts to view files, potentially being comfortable to say no
- preparation of our family to change forever
- openness to medical needs
- opportunities to talk with our interact with others with similar medical needs
Lastly, pray for all the little ones out there who need homes. The need is so great and the loss is so real in these little lives. We want to be able to say yes to them all. Pray specifically for our Little One, that her journey to find us will be short and that she feels loved.
Little One, we are coming! We are eager to find you!