Monday, August 24, 2009

Mmm!

I stayed home from church this past Sunday. I went to bed Saturday night with a headache and woke up with it still there on Sunday. Of course I stupidly took some medicine first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and then gave myself a bit of a queasy stomach on top of it all. Since Chris had to drive the van for church that day, Jacob stayed home with me.

Thankfully, my headache subsided around 11:30 and I was able to use some of my unexpected free time to study and prepare for the class I have to teach tonight. Jacob was being so good while I studied. He wanted to sit on the couch with me, so we got out several of his books and he sat and "read" with me. He was generally content while I had one hand on his book and one hand on my own.

Suddenly, Jacob started exclaiming, "Mmm! Mmm! Mmm!" and then proceeded to lick his book! He did this several times. Finally I took notice of what he was doing!

He was reading one of his alphabet books. It has a letter for each page and there are several pictures on each page of objects that start with that letter. I look down at the page Jacob had gotten so excited about and he was pointing to none other than the "I" page and a delicious looking ice cream cone!

I had to capture it on video and was able to successfully do it! Chris couldn't believe it when I showed him once he got home. Now all we have to do is give him the book and ask him to find the yummy. He will flip rapidly, looking for the ice cream cone. And, once successfully located, he will declare, "Mmm!" and lick the page.

Smart boy. Yes, Jacob, ice cream is mmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment