Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day Fun

I am a bit behind, but want to wish my husband a wonderful Father's Day! Chris, you are the most amazing Dad: patient, strong, fun, hands on, playful, teacher, disciplinarian, helpful, kind, compassionate, loving.... I could go on. I am such an amazingly blessed wife to have you to help me raise our fantastic son. Thank you for all you do to support our family and keep us all grounded on the truth of God's awesome plan for us. I love you! To my Dad, I am so thankful you raised me to be independent, to think for myself, to love my children, to be strong in discipline, and to seek counsel when needed from those wiser than myself. I love you and am so thankful for all you poured into my life to make me who I am today!

With that said, we had a GREAT Father's Day in the Bluegrass! My parents arrived in town that day so The Burri hosted a barbecue. We played corn hole in the backyard and gave Jacob his t ball set (earned by doing such an awesome job with potty training--but that is for another post). It was a great evening with family.

Here is a peak at our fun....


Jacob figured out his new t ball set after one or two tutorials from Chris. He loves it!




Swing batter, batter, batter.....




Jennifer and Chris creamed Dad and I!




Chris and Dad creamed Jennifer and I... Hmmm...I sense a common thread. I stink and Chris rocks.




Mom and I had a fun non-competitive round (she won, but who's keeping score?).

No comments:

Post a Comment