Thursday, June 24, 2010

Potty Training Progress

The day has arrived. We have decided to tackle potty training with Jacob. Four weeks ago he showed us he was ready. I was not ready, but knew I needed to follow his signals in order for this to go smoothly and easily. So, the week after that (three weeks ago) we put ourselves on Potty Training Lock Down. For three days we did not leave the house and Jacob spent the majority of that time in nothing but a t shirt and big boy underwear. I was totally dreading the day as it approached. But let me say, I have been so pleasantly surprised! Jacob just took off with it and has done so well! Now don't get me wrong, we still have accidents occasionally and we still have a long way to go, but we are definitely off in the right direction! He doesn't know enough yet to tell us when he has to go, but he seems to successfully hold it until we take him (most times) so that seems to be working out. We're even reaching the point that he seems disinterested in our M&M reward system, which is fine with us. He's just doing it like that's how it always was! I had no intentions of training him this early at all. Boys are usually later to develop in that way and have less interest, so I really didn't plan to focus on trying to train him until early fall. But, here I am with an almost trained 27 month old! Go Jacob! We are so proud of him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment