Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Happy Day, Gracie!

Dear Gracie Beth,
It is with great excitement I write this letter to you on your 2nd birthday!  I am so excited to see your little life unfold and discover all God has planned for you.  What a gift it is to be your mommy!  On your birthday I'd like to tell you a few things that I adore about you right now:

1.) I love that life is a song for you.  You are always singing...either praises to God or the ABC's.  I love your little voice lifting up to God, "holy, holy, holy!"

2.) I love your eagerness to learn to pray and the innocence of your prayers, asking God to help you obey and have a happy heart.

3.) I love the little homemaker you desire to be!  You are so helpful!  Always finding a rag and rubbing this or that (or me...I guess sometimes I need a little cleaning, too!), helping with the laundry, keeping me company while I cook, and just showing a deep interest and desire to learn about all things home related.

4.) I love your PASSION for books and reading!  I think you know some of the stories better than I do!

5.) I love that you can keep up with the boys, yet you are very careful to discern between girl toys and boy toys (and are quick to tell the boys about it!).

6.) I love to watch you with your sweet little doll and stroller.  What a precious mommy you will be one day.

7.) I love your tenderness.  You are always the first to come hug or "rub up" a boo boo if anyone sheds a tear.  You sweetly pat and tell them it will be okay.

8.) I adore your curly hair!  I have no clue what to do with it, but it is sure CUTE!

9.) I love how you already care about clothes and show a strong interest in what is in your closet and what you will wear for the day.  You certainly did NOT get that from me!

10.) I love YOU and all the neat, precious, sweet ways God designed you!

You are my itty bitty, enthusiastic, picky eater, tender, reader, singer, snuggler, dee dee lovin' , thumb suckin' little Grace and boy am I glad God saw fit to place you in our family!  All that time I spent hoping for boys (because frankly, I wasn't sure I'd know what to do with a girl), and God had you in store for us.  I am so glad HIS plans are mightier than mine because I don't know what I'd do without your sweet feminine joy you bring to us!

I wish you the happiest of birthdays from the bottom of my mommy heart,
Love,
Mommy

Remembering you with joy...




No comments:

Post a Comment