Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cake Time!

It is that time of year!  The time of year to plan yummy cakes, delicious icing, and creative decorations!  I love this time of year.  There is just something so special about planning for your child's birthday.  What a gift they are to us and how wonderful it is to have a day to make special and celebrate the joy they bring to you!

This year I will admit I struggled a good bit with inspiration for the big birthday cakes.  Having an older child now, I so enjoy his input and ideas...he generally picks what he wants.  With two little ones, you are left to do all the choosing and I guess choosing two all at once can be a bit overwhelming (especially if you are the one who has to decorate them!).  Finally inspiration came late in the week last week and I was able to come up with an idea that seemed to suit my very limited (and lacking) cake decorating skills.  This simply involved tracing a picture with icing and I really thought I could do that if I put my mind to it!

It took a full weekend to accomplish it...doing the designs and freezing them one day and then baking the cakes and finishing them off on another, but overall I am happy with the results!  My kitchen is totally trashed....but the cakes sure are cute!







No comments:

Post a Comment