Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Done

Done.  We are done.  Done, done, done, done.  I'm just trying out that word.  I like the way it sounds.  Done!

Late last night the computer system at the National Visa Center finally updated and showed our daughter's pretty little Chinese name, all listed in the correct order!  I was able to log in and complete her DS260 (visa application).  I sent confirmation of that to our social worker late last night.

This morning, I had an e-mail from Mary (I adore Mary at the NVC now!).  Our adoption letter was complete and had been cabled to the consulate in Guangzhou.  I forwarded this document to our social worker this morning.

What does this mean?  Our Article 5 is now complete and will be dropped off.  I am praying it will be dropped off tomorrow, but we may miss that drop.  If so, it will be dropped off Monday at the latest.

Now what?  We wait.  Again.  The Article 5 process generally takes two weeks, so in two weeks it will be picked up from the consulate and sent to Beijing.  Once in Beijing, we will just be waiting for the officials to grant us Travel Approval and we'll grab the earliest available Consulate Appointment.  Then we GO!

We do still have some minor pieces of paperwork to complete that are adoption related (some training to finish up and a travel form to fill out), but, all "official" paperwork related to bringing Hannah home is DONE on our end.  Our next round of official adoption related paperwork will occur with Hannah in our arms!

Done, done, done-itty, done.  Yup.  I still like the way it sounds.  DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment