Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm NOT Dreaming of a White Christmas!

Merry Christmas faithful readers! This year the Burri are mixing it up a bit and changing up the traditional Christmas Day fare.

We are heading north this year. Are we nuts, you ask? Perhaps just a wee bit...if you consider climbing into a box on wheels stuffed to the roof with suitcases, gifts, and sweet treats with an almost 2 year old in the backseat, then propelling your box on wheels down the highway toward the Arctic north where it might snow, sleet, freezing rain, slush, or snain, and remain strapped in said box on wheels for approximately 12 hours with aforementioned toddler riding in the backseat...if you consider that nuts, then yes, we are nuts. In all seriousness, I will admit I dread the drive, but I do very much look forward to the time in NY with my family. We'll have all but one sibling and her family together this year and won't it be a grand time had by all? This is my first actual Christmas day at home in NY in something like 7 or 8 years! It is hard to believe!

The big departure is looming, so please pray for us to have safe travels and little to no nasty wintry precipitation falling from the sky. I swear I did not move south enough and I most certainly have failed in convincing my family members that they ought to move south, too!

White Christmas? I could do without, especially when our travels put us on the road for a good 6 hours on Christmas Day!

We hope all of you have a wonderfully blessed Christmas wherever you may choose to spend it this year. Jesus is born so shout it from the roof tops! Our Savior has come! Rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment