Sunday, October 10, 2010

Growth

I am a delinquent, but today seemed like a good day to battle the desktop computer and get caught up with some photos. I'll start with the most demanded pictures: growth of the belly.

I have to admit, I don't think the photos really do it justice. I think black must truly be a slimming color. Trust me, in real life, you see me coming. I am definitely not presently struggling to pack on the pounds and I've already had moments of feeling very "full." How on earth will these two babies continue to grow? I already struggle to tie my shoes, my toenails don't get new polish as often as they should, nor do I attempt to shave my legs daily anymore. And I'm only halfway....

On a good note, I have been feeling better! Where my life depended on Zofran to help with the nausea early in the pregnancy, I am now much more likely to have a Zofran free day than one with it (which other parts of my body are thankful for so that they can return to a more normal state of functioning). I still get sick some mornings; mostly the days that I decide to try to go straight to the shower rather than getting something to eat. But even the sickness first thing in the morning is starting to subside and for that, I am thankful.

I'd like to say my energy level has perked up during the 2nd trimester, as it should, but the bigger I get, the harder it is to discern. I can't really say. If I weighed as much as I did early in the pregnancy, I am sure I would be back to more of a state of normal as far as energy goes. However, I have about 15 extra pounds strapped on my body (ALREADY) and I do believe it slows me down. Can you believe 15 lbs? Yikes! I'm only 5 lbs away from what I gained total in my pregnancy with Jacob and there's no telling what the scales will say when I go back to the doctor on the 21st. While "cute" might have been a word I used to describe myself while pregnant with Jacob, it is definitely not a word in my vocabulary now. I just feel....fat and a bit like a beached whale at times. I am rapidly outgrowing my maternity wardrobe and am so thankful for the wonderful ladies at church who have come to my rescue with mountains of maternity clothes in most sizes imaginable.

As far as baby preparation, we continue to see God's hand at work as He provides for us. I'm not sure if I posted this earlier, but we bought a minivan. It is GREAT. A 2002 Honda Odyssey that is going to serve us well. Right now it is "living" at the in-law's farm (thank you!!) while we wait to post and sell Chris' car. Anyone want a well loved 1999 Camry? Ha! I managed to hit some of the fall consignment sales and did well collecting several items: a second high chair and bouncy seat (that match exactly what we have right now with Jacob's old stuff), a second boppy pillow (to prop babies during feeds), and some clothes. I did allow myself to shop the "pink" aisle at the most recent sale. I know the ultrasound was not 100%, but I just couldn't pass up $2 on items that I know will cost me over $10 in stores. So I bought about 5-7 sleeper outfits and a few onesies in the "girlie" shades. I will admit, I enjoyed the pink aisle. It was way more fun than the boy stuff. A wonderfully generous family at church is cleaning out their house to make space for two kiddos they are adopting from Africa this fall, which included getting rid of one of their two cribs. The gave it to us. Yes, you read that correctly. They gave it to us! It is in excellent condition, mattress and all, and will make the best "girl" bed ever!

Throughout this whole experience we have seen God's hand always working and we have been so wonderfully blessed to be a part of a body of believers who truly seek to shower love and kindness upon other church members. What a blessing indeed.

And now........the long awaited pictures. Remember, they do not do me justice and black really is a slimming color....


September 11, 2010-14 weeks


October 10, 2010-18 weeks, 1 day

No comments:

Post a Comment