Friday, June 10, 2011

Berries and Other Yummy Goodness

Now that I am at home, I've had more time to become more adventurous in the kitchen and try lots and lots of new things. I've been trying to do new recipes each week and I'd love to post them occasionally.

This week starwberries were on super duper sale at our local Aldi (I LOVE Aldi, by the way). Being the strawberry lovin' group that we are, I decided to stock up and try my hand at freezing them this year. It all seems simple enough and Jacob had a lot of fun helping!


Mmmm....look at all that red juicy goodness!



Jacob was an outstanding washer and dryer of the berries (and he snuck a few to eat too....)!



This is what 5lbs of strawberries look like while you let them dry. It sure sounds like a lot more than it looks like!


So this weekend, we plan to give our strawberries a try in this recipe for Bananaberry Freezes. It sounds like it is right up Chris and Jacob's alley! I also hope to use this recipe for Baked Oatmeal this weekend. Mmmm....comfort food!





No comments:

Post a Comment