Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Post Op Day One

So far so good on post op day one. The swelling is more significant than yesterday, but I am keeping my ice packs on as much as I can. The pain is minimal, much better than yesterday, but all the meds they've got me on are making my tummy a bit upset. I hope I can get something a little more substantial into my system today or tomorrow so that it will help with the upset and nausea. Nausea seems better as long as I am in bed and not up and about.

For some reason I woke up at 4:30AM today. Not due to pain. I think just due to being hungry and I just felt like I was done sleeping.

Everyone has been wonderful to me so far. Chris was outstanding as my nurse yesterday and got me everything I needed. He even made me a chart of all my meds for today and what time I ought to take them so I don't have to take them all at once. Can you believe they have me on FOUR different meds?! Just for wisdom teeth. Who would have thought?! Oh well.

I am still experiencing some numbness in my lower right lip and chin. I was warned this might happen at my consultation last week. I was told because my roots were close to the nerve, there was potential for nerve damage or bruising. It really doesn't bother me much, although when I touch that side of my face, it feels really, really odd. Apparently this only happens in about 1 of every 3000 patients. Guess I was the lucky 1. The damage could potentially be permanent, but in the majority of cases the nerve heals within something like 2-6 months. I think I'll know more once I go to my follow up appointment in two weeks so he can tell me what kind of damage was done while he was actually doing the operation.

Thank you again to all of you who are praying for me. I can feel your prayers and it is so comforting! Please pray for a continued smooth recovery, minimal nausea or pain, and for me to recognize I need to continue to take it easy for the next several days. It is so hard for me not to switch into "mommy mode" and jump in to take care of Jacob. Mommy's don't really know how to be lazy all day long and it makes me feel so bad to see my husband picking up my slack and doing all the chores and such I typically do. I am thankful for a man who so sacrificially is caring for me and doing all these things without one word of complaint. I am grateful for my mother in law today and my sister in law tomorrow. Their help is priceless to me!

So far so good... I'll continue to keep you updated. Especially since I have been sent to bed with nothing but my laptop and TV to keep me company. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment