Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Surgery Day

Well, I have survived surgery day so far. I was nervous this morning, but God planted a verse in my mind and allowed me to just keep repeating it until I woke up. The nurse, Sandy, was amazingly sweet and tender toward me after I told her how nervous and anxious I was. She made me feel very comfortable.

Surgery was at 9 and now at 4:30 I am still in bed with my most awesome nurse and husband, Chris, taking a little doze here and there. He has been so good...even writing down what time I can take more medicine and such. As of right now the pain is not bad. I can feel it kicking in some, but that is because all my other meds are wearing off (the IV and the Novocaine).

I am so blessed by the number of people who rallied around me to pray for my nerves and my recovery. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to have people in my life like Chris, who is my rock and understands my messed up worries and fears, or Donna, who so sweetly prepared a giant meal for my family tonight, complete with mashed potatoes for me. I am thankful for my mother in law who sweetly kept Jacob entertained all day long and prepared mountains of food for both Chris and I. I am grateful for my sis-in-law who plans to keep me company on Thursday and to help with Jacob. I have wonderful, gospel focused, people in my life who have all so willingly given of themselves to help me. They are a tremendous example to me and I am so blessed.

Anyhow, so far so good. I'll keep you posted....

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment