Saturday, November 21, 2009

Two Date Nights!

Chris and I were so blessed this week by our friends and family! We were given the gift of TWO date nights, back to back! For people who are lucky to go out child-less even once a month, two date nights in a row was serious spoiling to us!

First, Thursday night, we were blessed by some friends of ours at church, who sweetly gave us two tickets to the UK Basketball game. It was a great time. The last time I went to a UK game, I was miserable. We sat literally one row from the tip top of the arena and I felt as though I needed to hang on for dear life. It was crowded and well, just not all that enjoyable. That was about five years ago. This time, was a totally different experience and well worth the five year wait! We were given lower arena tickets and sat so close to the floor I almost felt like I was in the game! We were near the student section, so we got to enjoy their excitement and passion for the game. We got to sit in squishy seats with backs. Ahhh, yes, it was well worth the wait. Thank you, sweet friends, for the gift of the tickets!

Jacob got to stay home on Thursday and enjoy some much anticipated Auntie Fred time! I told him early in the day that Auntie Fred was coming over to play and read stories. Every time I said Auntie Fred, he would look at me and say, "Doe?" I used to think "Doe" was for Joe. Now I think "Doe" is representative of the entire Sisson Family. Today he was pointing at pictures of Andrew, Joe, and Jennifer and saying "Doe" to all of them. Anyhow, I think they had a nice evening together. Thank you for coming out to play on a "school night" Auntie Fred and blessing us with the opportunity to go out. You are the best!

Friday night was a Parents Night Out event at church. If we had been good and signed up, the church would have provided us babysitting while we went out. However, we failed to sign up. Some of our friends did sign up though, and asked us to go out with them. So we rounded up our own babysitter and joined them. We went out to eat at P.F. Changs with two couples from our church. I can't remember the last time we have gone out with other couples without our children. It was so fun to fellowship together over a delicious meal none of us had to prepare and none of us had to cut up into a million pieces for a little one to eat!

Friday night, Jacob stayed in with Aunt Jenn-Jenn, who now lives just a hop, skip, and a jump away from us in a neighboring subdivision (yay!). Jacob was so happy to see his Aunt Jenn-Jenn and they had fun reading books and playing in the bath tub. I also told Jacob his Aunt Jenn-Jenn was coming and he asked "buppy?" (puppy). I am sure he was a bit disappointed that "buppy" didn't come, but I am sure Max the Cat was pleased we opted not to invite "buppy" over. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, Jenn, for watching Jacob while we had a grown up evening out! We are so thankful for you!

God has truly blessed us with the gift of our friends and family. During this season of Thanksgiving, be sure to tell those special people in your life just how much they mean to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment