Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Best Day...Ever

Today was the best day. Perhaps the best day ever. No, I take that back. It was the best day ever. Perhaps even better than Christmas...no joke!

Today was Burris Family Day. Not yard work day, not deck renovation day, not extended family gathering day. Today was a day for The Burri. Just Chris, Jacob, and I. Don't get me wrong, all those other days are great and we so enjoy them because it is time together and time with family, but for some reason, today just struck a chord. Maybe it was because it was so needed by me. I didn't realize how badly I needed it until I got it, but I so needed this time. Maybe it was because the hectic pace life keeps sometimes robs me of moments to soak in the moment and just love my family.

Today there was no agenda. Just us-the three of us. Chris spent the morning doing something he enjoys; playing basketball with the guys. I spent the morning doing something I enjoy; cooking, chatting with my mom, and mothering Jacob. We had lunch together and went down to the fountains with Jacob (refer to Fun at the Fountains post). We played together as a family and it was just so much fun! We came home, Jacob and Chris dozed, I blogged, and then we had a HUGE summertime meal of grilled chicken, fresh fruits, butter scalloped potatoes, and cucumbers (surprisingly, the cucumbers seemed to be Jacob's favorite! Who knew?!). We then went as a family to Babies R Us to pick up a shower gift for a sweet little girl who is being adopted from China (buying girl clothes is soooo much fun!). We topped the day off with ice cream...we had a buy one get one free coupon for a shake at Steak 'n Shake. Came home, tucked Jacob in, and phew! It was............the best day.........EVER. When can we do it again?

I don't want to go to bed. I don't want this day to end.

"Thank you, God, for days like these. For moments to be refreshed, rejuvenated, and energized. Thank you so much for family days and moments to soak it all in. God, you gave me this family and I am so blessed by them. Thank you for trusting me with such a precious, amazing gift. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment