Saturday, October 3, 2009

Boyd's Orchard

It is beginning to look a lot like........FALL!

Jacob and I went to Boyd's Orchard today for a fun fall outing together. We had great fun! Alissa and Baby Caleb joined us and we got some delicious, fresh picked from the tree apples and fresh apple cider. Jacob really enjoyed checking out the pumpkins and declared, "Mmmm!" when he saw them. I think the highlight for Jacob was pulling the pumpkin wagon and getting to ride in the pumpkin wagon. He didn't want to leave and cried half way home in the car!

The trip to the orchard has helped inspire me to feel more "fall-ish" and I believe I'm going to head outside and pull all our pretty pink flowers out of the bed and run out tonight to pick up some wonderful fall mums.

Yes, fall is in the air in KY..... I can smell it. Doesn't fall have such a unique smell to it? I've noticed that the smell here in KY isn't as prevalent as the smell was when I was growing up in NY, but there is something about the crisp air, crunchy leaves, mums, and winter squash that just make a particular smell when all combined together.

Here are some fun photos of our outing to the Orchard. This was Jacob's first time to the orchard and first time checking out the pumpkins! Some were as big as he was!

Whoa! Look at all those pumpkins!


I think the wagon weighed about as much as Jacob does altogether!


He didn't even want to slow down to pose with his mommy!


Check out those gorgeous mums behind him. These are my inspiration for our front bed! I'm thinking a dark red and dark orange color combo!

I hope you are all enjoying your fall so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment