Monday, October 26, 2009

Imagination!

I've been waiting for this to start. I wasn't sure where on the developmental spectrum it would fall, so I honestly had no idea when to expect its arrival. But is is here.

Pretend play has begun at our house!
Jacob started pretend play this weekend. He has this set of stacking cups (a hand me down from nephews) that he has just loved since he was about 5 months old. He has gotten more pleasure out of these silly cups... Anyhow, I digress. This weekend he had his stacking cups out and that's when I saw it. My baby boy played pretend!!
He pretended that his cups were full of "mull" (milk in Jacob-ese) and he was drinking out of them and after he got done slurping, he'd say, "ah!" (you know, that ah sound we make after a nice refreshing big gulp of something).
Then he decided pretend play would be even more fun if mommy were to get involved. So he brought his cups full of "mull" over to mommy so she could slurp away and say, "ah."
I know, I know...I am a crazy mom who gets super excited over nothing, but pretend play seems like such a huge step to "Big-Boy-dom!"
*Sigh* Yet more signs our baby isn't a baby any longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment